Now that summer’s in full swing it seems like the kids can’t get enough of things to snack on. I always have fresh veggies and fruit on hand but lately we’ve all been tempted by a not-so-healthy snack – chips! I’m a flavoured chip kinda girl but on occasion I like to indulge in plain chips with a tasty dip on the side. This Sour Cream Dill Pickle Dip turned out to be my family’s favourite!
A couple months ago my husband brought home Gay Lea’s Gold Premium Sour Cream from the grocery store. Thinking it was just like any other sour cream I opened it up to stir it but was immediately surprised. It was so thick and creamy that once I stirred it I had to dip my spoon in to try it. That’s when I was sold. The taste was unbelievable!
Ever since that first time I tried it I’ve been making more baked potatoes lately, probably as an excuse to eat this sour cream. This week I decided to make a dip with it and I’m sure glad I did!
You can also serve this dip with carrots, cucumbers, peppers or your favourite vegetable and you’ve got yourself a great snack. It’s nice and thick so it holds on well to those veggies or chips. Whatever you choose to eat it with you won’t regret it….it’ll be your new favourite dip too!
- 1 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1 cup chopped dill pickle
- ½ cup shredded old cheese
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- dill pickle juice to taste and to get desired consistency
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add cream cheese and sour cream and blend untii creamy and combined.
- Add the dill pickles, cheese, worcestershire sauce and pepper and mix well.
- Slowly add dill pickle juice, while mixer is running, until you get desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow it thicken.
- Serve with chips or veggies and enjoy!
“Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”