Yeah!!! It’s officially S’more Season and I can’t wait to eat my share of S’mores and S’more-inspired treats (like this S’mores Chex Mix) this summer!
There’s nothing better than sitting around a campfire and toasting up marshmallows and squishing them between a piece of chocolate and two cookies! Who wouldn’t love that? But, if you can’t have a fire in your backyard then I’ve got the perfect alternative – S’mores Chex Mix! It’s the perfect snack for summer and the perfect on-the-go snack for summer road trips. It’s got all the goodness of marshmallows, chocolate and the crunch from the Rice Chex and Honey Nut Chex cereals, both which happen to be gluten-free and are a healthier alternative to other snack food. It’s quick and easy to put together so you’ll be snacking in no time!
I also love this time of year when I can open up the windows and smell the freshly cut grass blow in. This past weekend I cleaned every window in our house, inside and out. It’s one more thing I can check off my list of things I’d like to get done before I’m off for the summer. I’d rather be outside enjoying the sunshine with my kiddies than spending my time inside cleaning the house. My list is getting shorter and if everything doesn’t get done…..oh well!
One thing I’ve learned from owning a house for the past 13 years is that there’s always something that can be done. It doesn’t matter if you own a fixer-upper or a brand-new house, you’ll always find something that can be fixed, touched up, re-done or cleaned up. The key is to know when to stop! For us, our kids have been a good way of getting us to put things into perspective and walk away. The mess, renovations, or broken things will always be there tomorrow.
Enjoy summer while you can!
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex Cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl, add 4 cups Rice Chex cereal and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring often to avoid overcooking.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the Rice Chex cereal and stir well to coat. Pour this mixture into a large resealable plastic bag and pour the ½ cup icing sugar inside. Seal up bag and shake until all the cereal is coated in icing sugar.
- Pour this mixture into a large, airtight container and add the Honey Nut Chex cereal, the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and the mini marshmallows.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Summer With Chex Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”