First of all, I want to apologize. My blog is under construction and some things still need to be fixed. Also, my recipe plug-in screwed up so I don’t have a print or save button attached. All in good time this blog will be beautiful! Do you like it so far?
Second of all….these sweet rolls! I think it’s safe to say that this sweet roll recipe is a hit. It was the best dough I’ve ever worked with and it was so easy to make. When I first saw these on Sally’s Baking Addiction I knew I had to make them. If you’ve read my blog before you know my family likes to have Cinnamon Buns on Saturday mornings. This past weekend I wanted to do something a little different, and boy, am I glad I did!
I had a bag of frozen mixed berries in the freezer and thought they would probably work just as well as Sally’s raspberry version. Well, they did! Don’t you love how moist and gooey these look? You really need to try these sweet rolls…..like now! They whip up in no time and they come out so incredibly tasty. I also noticed that Karly over at Buns In My Oven posted these today too. See, they must be good if two of us are posting about them! Go check hers out….she has beautiful pictures.
Mixed Berry Sweet Rolls
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting/rolling
- 2 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. flour (I didn’t have cornstarch so this worked too)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk (3%)
- Zest of one clementine orange
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to lukewarm and pour into mixer.
- Add yeast and sugar to mixing bowl and slowly mix using the paddle attachment until combined. Cover and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butter, eggs, and salt and mix on medium speed.
- Switch to the dough attachment and start adding the flour 1 cup at a time at medium speed until all flour is added and/or dough is soft and smooth.
- Remove dough and knead for about 2 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover and let stand for about 2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- Line the bottom of a 9″X13″ pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl gently combine frozen berries, sugar, and flour.
- After dough has risen, roll out into a rectangle about 10″X24″ and spread filling evenly over dough.
- Tightly roll dough into a 24″ long roll and cut into 16 pieces, about 1.5″ each.
- Place cut sides up into the prepared pan and cover until doubled is size (or refrigerate overnight, take out in the morning and let double in size before placing in the oven).
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover rolls with foil and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While rolls are cooling, in a small bowl combine icing sugar, milk, and orange zest until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over warm rolls and enjoy!