Whenever we go out for Chinese Food I always make sure to order Spring Rolls. They’re one of my favourite things on the menu and I love dipping them in a sweet sauce.
I never thought that making my own Chicken & Veggie Spring Rolls at home would be so easy. I had these delicious appetizers on the table in under 30 minutes.
Thanks to Blue Dragon, I had the perfect Spring Roll Wrappers to make these and two different dipping sauces to go with them. My favourite sauce was the Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce because it was slightly sweet and not at all spicy while my husband preferred the Sweet Chili Sauce which had a nice bit of heat to it. If I had known it was this easy to make these at home I would have done it a long time ago!
You can also be thanking Blue Dragon if you win their contest!
Blue Dragon is giving away 5 prize packs loaded with your favourite Blue Dragon products! All you have to do is visit their Facebook page to enter. The contest runs until July 20th, 2014 and you must be a Canadian resident to enter. Good Luck!
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups packaged cole slaw mixture (green cabbage, carrots, red cabbage)
- 3-4 Tbsp. Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 Blue Dragon Spring Roll Wrappers
- 2 cups vegetable oil or enough to fill up to 3-4 inches of oil in your pan/deepfryer.
- Blue Dragon Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- In a wok or large skillet, heat sesame oil on medium heat and add diced onion and cook until tender.
- Add the chicken and cook thoroughly until there's no pink showing inside.
- Add the cole slaw mixture and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce and stir to coat all ingredients. Remove from heat.
- Take one Spring Roll Wrapper and run in under hot water for about 15 seconds or until it becomes soft. Lay it on a clean cutting board.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp. of the prepared mixture just below the middle part of the wrapper. Fold up the bottom of the wrapper, followed by the two sides and then roll up the remainder of the wrapper.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and mixture.
- Once your oil has reached a temperature of 365 F, carefully place 1-2 Spring Rolls in the oil, turning constantly until rolls are golden brown. Place rolls on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Enjoy with Blue Dragon Nuoc Cham and Sweet Chili Dipping Sauces!
“Disclosure:I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and Ireceive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinionson this blog are my own.”