TGIF!!! I love Fridays!
I don’t know where you live but the weather here this week has been beautiful. The sun’s been shining and it was so nice to get outside for a walk. Usually this time of year we have snow on the ground and I’m warming up under my heating blanket. I hate the cold weather and I would jump at the chance to live somewhere where it was hot year-round. I would only want snow for one day – Christmas!
Even though we don’t have any snow yet, I’m getting in the Christmas spirit. I’ve already made and froze my Chocolate Biscoff Truffles and these Candy Cane Oreo Stuffed Sugar Cookies were next on my list. I found these Oreos in the US and wanted to eat them right away. Then I figured I could stash them away until at least December but, obviously, that didn’t happen! I’ve seen so many recipes that stuff chocolate chip cookies that I decided to do something different. I’m also freezing these and hoping that I’m not tempted to raid the freezer before the holidays! We’ll see….
Enjoy your weekend!
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 package Candy Cane Oreo cookies
- Wilton Red Sparkle Gel
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer, mix butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture until dough forms.
- With a cookie scoop, measure out enough dough to cover the Oreo cookie. Use your hands to form dough around the cookie.
- Place cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are cooled, use the sparkle gel and decorate for a festive look.