I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
I am so excited to be attending Blissdom Canada’s blogging conference in Mississauga, Ontario on Oct. 3-5. This will be my first Blissdom conference that I’ve attended so I can’t wait to meet new people, learn a ton of new things and have some fun! There are so many exciting things happening that I can’t wait to share them all with you when I return!
I will share one thing now with you, though. I’m a big tea drinker so when I found out that Tetley Tea and Pure Via are two of the sponsors at Blissdom Canada I was so happy. They’re also sponsoring the Collective Bias Suite and their Social Etiquette High Tea Workshop which I get to attend! Learning some new ideas and tips on how I can make my presence on my blog and social media networks better, while drinking a tea, sounds pretty good to me!
I always keep my cupboard stocked with different varieties of Tetley tea (I think I have about 10 different kinds right now) so I can switch them up every night if I want to. For about 10 years now I only drink decaf so I love all of Tetley’s herbal teas which are caffeine-free. They also have some new Herbal Cocktail-Inspired teas, such as Piña Colada, Cosmo – Cranberry Orange and Bellini – Peach Orange. All are caffeine-free too so I’ll be making some room on my shelves for those!
Another reason I like to drink tea in the evening is so that I can have a little sweet treat (calorie-free!) by adding a little bit of sweetener. In the past I’ve tried many different kinds of sweeteners but they all tasted awful or left an aftertaste in my mouth. Pure Via, however, is naturally made from the stevia plant so it tastes natural. It’s 200 times sweeter than sugar so a little goes a long way. I know Pure Via, along with their eco-friendly packaging, will be replacing the other sweetener in my cupboard.
Now that you know how I like my tea, I sat down with one and came up with some blogging tips that I’ve found helpful since I’ve started blogging just over a year ago. There are so many blogs nowadays, and mine is mostly about baking and desserts, but I think these tips can apply to any type of blog.
- Write For Yourself First – When I started blogging I obviously knew that no one was going to read my blog the very first day so I began my blog almost like a journal of my thoughts and ideas for myself. I still write that way because sometimes it’s still hard to believe that anyone even reads my blog. Also, readers often follow blogs because of the person behind it, not necessarily for their recipes, craft ideas, or DIY tips.
- Be Consistent – I remember when I first started posting I would post at all different times and days of the week. Clearly, I didn’t know what I was doing because once I started posting at the same time, on the same days each week, I starting to see an increase in traffic and started to get feedback from my readers.
- Make a Commitment – Blogging is a lot of hard work, especially if you want to have a successful blog. Working full-time and raising three kids, I have to make time at night and on the weekends to bake, take photos, write, edit and then finally posting. Would I be lying if I said that sometimes I just want to pack it all in? No, but I know that I would miss it too much to do that.
- Network and Reach Out - Some of the best advice, help and inspiration that I’ve got has come from other bloggers. Interact and follow other blogs via their social media networks that have similar content. Don’t be afraid to reach out with questions because the majority of bloggers are a friendly group of people.
- Have Fun! - Obviously you want to blog about something that you love or are passionate about. Aside from all the hard work, learning all about HTML codes, picture taking, editing, blah, blah, blah, blogging is a lot of fun and is very rewarding. Have fun while you’re doing it!
I know there’s so many more tips and advice I could share with you but I’ll wait until I return from Blissdom Canada to share everything that I learned with you!
Visit Tetley Tea on Facebook