Although I enjoy baking a lot, I always follow a recipe to the ‘T’ when making it for the first time. After the first try I will adjust it a little or add new ingredients. Also, I don’t tend to change a recipe much for fear that it will all go to waste and I have to start all over. For these brownies I knew I couldn’t go wrong too much because I’m sure my kids would have ate them, regardless of the outcome!
I decided to add bananas to these brownies because like most weeks, we always end up with brown bananas that get chucked into the freezer. Also, I like bananas that are still a little green so once they even have one spot of brown on them, I won’t touch them. I love bananas and peanut butter together so I threw in some peanut butter chips as well. How can you go wrong with chocolate, bananas, and peanut butter?
For the most part when I bake I always make things from scratch. For these brownies I decided to use a mix so that if I did mess up it wouldn’t be that costly. I know, I’m cheap! Adding the bananas to this mix added extra moisture but also increased the baking time. Not a big deal! I would like to experiment more with making my own recipes but for now this was a good start!
Have a great weekend!
Banana-Peanut Butter Brownies
By January 25, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 ( 12 Servings )
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Adding bananas to these brownies adds extra moisture and the peanut butter chips tie it all together!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1 pkg. Betty Crocker Frosting (included in box)
- 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8X8 pan and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine brownie mix, egg, water, mashed bananas, and the 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 45 mins. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl melt the 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips in the microwave and then add the packaged frosting and stir until well combined.
- Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress